Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, November 18, 2013

>>--->>>--> BLUEBERRY CRANBERRY GREEN SMOOTHIE




I am in LOVE with kale these days. I think my crop failure this summer messed with me and has made me want it in my life even more. Luckily I have my ways, like knowing other farmers that grow it. 

One of my favorite ways to use kale is in green smoothies. It seems like the perfect balance of sweet, earthy, and raw. And I feel so good after I drink them. You can see other greens I use in smoothies here in this post. 

Tis the season for cranberries! I buy them in big huge bags this time of year and keep them in the freezer. I also happen to have some local blueberries in freezer from this past summer and always, always friends- frozen bananas for such smoothie occasions. 

This recipe is simple and not overly sweet, slightly tart from the cranberries, and full of kale goodness. 

You will need: 

a couple of large stems of kale (any kind will do)
a handful of frozen cranberries
a handful of frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 cup of milk (I used hemp- but rice, soy, oat, goat, or cow will do)
1/2 cup of water

Put the milk and water in the blender with the kale. Mix on high until slightly smooth. Slowly add your fruit and blend for another 2 minutes on high. The trick to having a creamy smoothie with no lumpy greens is blending it a long time! 

This will serve 2 or 1 very generous portion. 

Enjoy!
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. Love your photography. Those berries right out of the freezer look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say "handful" are you talking about large hands or small hands; man hands, woman hands, or child hands? Other than that, this recipe looks easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Share It